You may find your self feeling helpless and wondering how you can make a difference in the aftermath of the unrest in the Twin Cities. There are some amazing organizations and individuals stepping up to help us heal. Here are some of the many ways you can give or find help:
- Loaves & Fishes: Several locations are offering meals to the community. Here’s a list of their locations
- Minneapolis Public Schools: Daily food box pick-up will start at Longfellow Park on Monday, June 1; free weekly food boxes will be available for pick-up at this site (3435 36th Avenue South) Monday – Friday, 10 am – 2 pm for the foreseeable future. More information.
- South Minneapolis Mutual Aid Autonomous Zone Coordination is continuing their efforts amongst the community in taking care of residents in the south side of the city.
- Community Emergency Services food distribution.
- Hunger Solutions Minnesota works with both state and federal government to advance programs that tackle hunger on the large scale, according to their website. They work with food banks and shelves to distribute food on the smaller scale.
- Support the Cities, a community service group on Facebook, is working to help neighborhoods and small businesses affected by the recent events. They also accept donations to the Emergency Food Fund.
- We Love Lake Street is an organization that is donating 100% of its donations directly to small businesses and nonprofits in the Lake Street community to help them rebuild their storefronts and serve its neighborhoods.
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is accepting donations to help rebuild the community after the recent damage caused in Minneapolis
- A GoFundMe page, Midtown Global Market Mend, is accepting donations to help repair damage at Midtown Global Market, which is home to 45 small businesses on Lake Street in Minneapolis.
- A GoFundMe page, Help Minnesota Transitions Charter Schools, is accepting donations to help rebuild buildings that were damaged during the riots. The schools serve grades 7-12.
- Bring Me the News is keeping a running list of fundraisers and crowdfunding pages for individual businesses.
- Source MN has numerous projects and events in need of volunteers.
- June 27th K-mart Fiesta: Music / Art / Prayer Rally