You may be planning an open house or graduation party for your college grad, and you should be proud! You got them through the start of life and now they’re ready to leave the nest. Or are they? Your adult child may have some amazing talents and skills, but are they ready for the real world armed with the knowledge to handle what everyday life throws their way? Josh Burnette and Pete Hardesty have co-authored a wonderful, Bible-based book to help guide them through daily challenges in “Adulting 101: #Wisdom4Life”.
The verb “adulting” is actually in the dictionary and is defined as: “To do grown-up things and have responsibilities such as a working full time, paying rent, or owning a car.”
The authors go on to say, “Basic life skills go mostly untaught in classrooms, so graduates are on their own to figure out how to live successfully in the world. Without any guidance, where do you start? Adulting 101 is a clever, practical, and timely guide to show how to:
- Find a job and be wildly successful at work
- Buy the items you need as an adult (apartment, car, insurance)
- Set goals, prioritize, and get work done
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Save and invest wisely
- Navigate personal and professional relationships
- Avoid the common mistakes of being out on your own
- And much, much more
This book will give you what you need to succeed and make a real impact, inspiring you to change the world and be the person you were meant to be.