It’s an extended weekend for your kiddos, and if you are trying to figure out a way to enjoy some activities outside the house, there are so many great things that are close to home or a small drive away! Here’s just a few ideas:
- Hit up an apple orchard! There are so many to choose from, so I encourage you to check out one you’ve never been to before. My boys and I went to Afton Apple Orchard for the first time last weekend and it is now one of our favorites!
- Go to Minnehaha Falls and walk the trails (or hit some trails near you). With how addicted to technology my boys are, I was surprised how much they loved hiking the trails near the Falls. They pretended to be explorers and had a blast!
- Hit one of the “Super playgrounds” in the Twin Cities. A few of my favorites that are worth the drive: Hyland Play Area in Bloomington, French Regional Park in Plymouth, Central Park in Maple Grove, and the brand new universal access playground, Madison’s Place in Woodbury.
- Check out deals on museums, bowling, mirror mazes, indoor waterparks and more on Groupon
- Get lost in a Corn Maze! Family Fun Twin Cities has a top 10 list of ones nearby.
- Check out MIA, a whole bunch of scarecrows, find the best fall colors and more with Pocket Your Dollars’ Guide to 18 Things to Do in the Twin Cities Over MEA Break.
I hope it’s a fun, restful, memorable break for you and your family!