1. All Northwestern Media contests are open to all listeners who are 18 years of age or older unless stated otherwise. Employees of Northwestern Media, affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio station employees in the Northwestern Media Group, and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
2. Listeners are eligible to win a Northwestern Media contest once every 30 days. Unless stated otherwise, multiple entries by the same person or by a person in the same household will be discarded and be deemed by the station management as a cause for disqualification.
3. All prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the office of Northwestern Media, 3003 Snelling Ave. North, St. Paul, Mn 55113. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 10 days of winning. The 10 day period includes weekends and holidays. Northwestern Media’s business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm. Northwestern Media will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the winners responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit. Additionally, some prizes have specific expiration dates or are date sensitive (ie. Concert tickets), which may occur within the 10 days following the winning date. It is the responsibility of the winner to pick up their prize by the event or expiration date.
4. Prizes may not be mailed to winners. All prizes must be claimed by the winner only. Prizes are non-transferable.
5. Northwestern Media is not responsible for replacing any prizes after they have been picked up, whether the prize was lost, organization providing the prize has closed, or for any other reason.
6. In the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction or phone disconnection, the decision of management will be final. In the event that two (2) telephone lines are “tied together” during a phone-in contest, the entire call will be disqualified and the next caller in line will be taken and awarded the prize. Northwestern Media cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation and both callers will be disqualified, this circumstance is beyond the radio stations control.
7. Northwestern Media listeners who win prizes on the radio station may not substitute prizes with another prize or cash. However, in the event of an unavailable prize won by the listener, Northwestern Media may substitute the original prize with another prize for the approximate value (in dollars) of the original prize awarded.
8. In regards to special advanced movie screening giveaways, Northwestern Media strongly recommends you arrive early. At the theatre, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes do not guarantee seating. No one will be admitted without a ticket and no one will be admitted after the screening begins. Representative has the right to refuse admittance.
9. Listeners may also register to win prizes on the Radio Station website. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. Northwestern Media is not responsible for entries not received due to the difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely.
10. To enter on-line, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and valid email address and any other requested information in the on-line entry form. One internet entry per person. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
11. Northwestern Media, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person of tampering with the entry process, the operation of Northwestern Media websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
12. For contests that require qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
13. Contest winners (and their traveling companions, if any) will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or which prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by Northwestern Media. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold Northwestern Media, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or content.
14. All contestant entries become property of Northwestern Media. Northwestern Media may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the stations management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to the publicity or advertising.
15. Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required, may be entered at the Northwestern Media studios prior to the event or through a station representative at the event, without any paid consideration to enter the event. Northwestern Media must be notified by telephone or in writing no less than 24 hours prior to such contest/event to facilitate staffing for such purposes.
16. Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years of age or older, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet the age requirement.
17. Unless otherwise stated, contestants must be at least 18 years of age or older to win prizes from Northwestern Media.
18. Contestants winning a prize or prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable. A W9 will be issued by Northwestern Media in this event.
19. By participating in a contest, Northwestern Media, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting materials relating to this contest, without additional compensation. Additionally, winner agrees to sign a prize release form before the acceptance of their prize.
20. Northwestern Media reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement by Northwestern Media.
21. No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
22. Failure to comply with Northwestern Media contest rules may result in a contestants disqualification.
23. In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, Northwestern Media will make every attempt to contact the grand prize winner, randomly selected, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by management) another grand prize winner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded.
24. In the event that the winner of a Northwestern Media contest cannot take a trip on the specific dates that have been announced (ie. Concert trip flyaway) to them and on-air, they will forfeit their prize.
25. Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, 7:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding Northwestern Media holidays. Northwestern Media is located at 3003 Snelling Ave. North, St. Paul, Mn 55113.