Staying fit at work
By: Keith Stevens
If you sit at a desk and don’t get much exercise, here are some things that you can do to help get into shape even while working in the office!
- Do standing Push-ups- Against the wall.
- Keep a light hand weight- by the phone or under your desk. Do a few curls during the down-times of your day and tone up those arms.
- Take the Steps- Avoid the elevator and the escalator at work. Find the staircase and burn the calories.
- Try arm circles- Stand tall, arms at your side, circle your arms backwards, one after the other (as if you are doing the backstroke.) It is fun to do and you will tone while you’re at work.
- Find a Friend- And walk each day at lunch! With the Spring weather here, take advantage of your lunch hour and get outside. Plus, grab some vitamin D that you’ve missed for so long. On the rainy days, walk around your building and plan a route for yourself.
- Bring a large water bottle- to work with you and avoid soda or sweet drinks. Better to load up on water all day and stay hydrated.
- And….on your way home, set a time to hit the gym! It is so important to stay accountable and if someone is waiting for you to work out, chances are, you will not lose interest.
Finally, here are some scriptures to encourage you!
1. 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.
2. 2 Timothy 2:5
Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor’s crown unless he competes according to the rules.