This poem has comforted many after losing a loved one. We’ll see them again and what a reunion it will be!

Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below With tiny lights, like Heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear But the sounds of music can’t compare with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring, For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart. But I am not so far away, We really aren’t apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones, You know I hold you dear. And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above. I sent you each a memory of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold. It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, my Father said to do. I can’t count the blessing or love has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and Wipe away that tear Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

~Wanda Bencke 1997

6 Responses to "Christmas in Heaven"

• Laura Stever says:

Thank you so much for sharing this poem. This year has truly been a test of faith for our family.

• Pam Lundell says:

I’ve carried this in my purse since my husband went to Heaven in 2005 and many other family members since. What a reunion it will be!! God bless you and your family Laura~

• Karen Hovey says:

Thanks so much Pam for sharing the poem this am on my way to work… my mom is in heaven since 2002 and I still miss her so much but one day will see her again! What a celebration it will be! Merry Christmas to you and David and thanks for bringing hope to all your listeners!

• Sharon Maidment says:

I truly love this poem. I lost my daughter, Dawn 8 years ago (9/30/04) and my dad on Christmas Eve 12/24/05. As hard as it is to wipe those tears away, I know that my dad and daughter are walking on those beautiful Streets of Gold and celebrating Christmas with Jesus and all His angels in the most beautiful place ever, Heaven! Merry Christmas in Heaven to my Dawn and my dad!!

• Sharon says:

Thank you for this poem; it was one of my mom’s favorites and helped her deal with the loss of her mother. Mom lived in Crosby until she passed away. I’ve made the trip from Chicagoland over a dozen times since she was diagnosed with cancer in May, first to care for her, and then to manage her estate. I listen to KTIS continually when I’m in Minnesota; it has been a comfort to me to find such a great station so similar to what I listen to at home. Merry Christmas in Heaven to Mom and Grandma!

• Nita says:

I heard a caller this morning recite a poem titled THE FIELD TRIP. I have been searching all day for this, if this teacher sees this, can you please post it. I think it can help us heal. Thanks, Nita